I was all about choosing the most ethical choice when it came to buying a turkey. Then I forgot what it was. I know, roll your eyes! I went to WF and purchased a turkey breast that says it’s vegetarian fed and has no antibiotics. But it’s grain-fed. Isn’t it supposed to be grass-fed? Or is that just for beef? Perhaps I should have researched this better, but it was getting late and I wanted to buy it before WF closed and didn’t want to go tomorrow. But for next year, what should I be looking for when it comes to poultry? I really don’t eat much of it but want to be smarter in my choices in general.
This is the first year that I’m cooking for Thanksgiving! Jason and I are having our first family dinner along with our friend Danny, who is also staying in town. I haven’t bought anything besides the turkey yet, but I am thinking this should be the menu:
green beans (recipe suggestions anyone)
Oh She Glows sweet potato casserole except that I’m going to unveganize it and add marshmallows
Danny is bringing stuffing
I think it is fine for three people. I just need a good green bean recipe. I don’t want it in casserole form though. Jason is definitely going to be in charge of the turkey because I don’t know the first thing about cooking it. This whole meal should be interesting, that’s for sure.
Went to the gym tonight. Did my non-running workout which is 20 minutes of cardio + NFLFW. I did the stepmill and then a workout. I am still technically on Stage 1, but I am so bored of it that I skipped to Stage 2. This is what I did:
1. squat-press with a barbell, 20 lbs, 2 sets of 10. The book says to use a squat rack. What the hell is a squat rack?
2. i have the book in the car and can’t remember what the second exercise is called. You basically do bent over rows while standing on one leg with the other out so your body looks like a T if that makes any sense. 20 lbs, 2 sets of 10
3. static lunges with back leg elevated, 20 lbs, 2 sets of 10 each leg
4. push ups on a smith bar, approx 45 degree angle, 2 sets of 10
5. plank, 60 seconds, 2 sets
6. woodchop, 30 lbs, 2 sets of 10
Hope everyone is having a nice, short week. We are having a potluck tomorrow at work and hopefully will get to leave after lunch. Woo hoo!